Semblanza de Luis Ignacio Leon y Castillo
“Its becoming more often that brands behave like people and people like brands”
Forward-thinking marcomm strategist with 20 years of experience shaping multitalented teams to fulfill business goals through digital transformation and strategies:
• Leadership with focus on business transformation. Being an area connector facilitates breaking traditional silos: Havas Group raised its digital share from 10% to 17% within a year and was able to grow awareness among clients and partners over its planning and business intelligence tools.
• Agile adaptation to changes. Thinking strategically accelerates accomplishing new challenges: I created an managed the Intelligence Team at Havas Group that was named 2017 Top 1 Strategy media group in Mexico by SCOPEN.
• Achievements fulfilled in adverse conditions Due to an “always on” management style, goals agreed are soon meet: in a risky situation during 2016 through 2018, Havas Group, was able to retain core clients thanks to insighting, strategy and business Intel delivered by the Intelligence Team.
_ SPEAKER at El Futuro de los Medios 2017. Fórum on content and media strategy. CDMX.
_ TEACHER of Media Strategy at Academia Mexicana de la Creatividad. CDMX.
_ LECTURER “Connecting Brands & Consumers 2018” Club de Empresarios Bosques. CDMX. _ TALKS on creativity & content. ICADE, FOXIZE SCHOOL and MAXUS.
_ WORKSHOP developer. SUMMA BRANDING. CREATIVE STORM. Madrid, 2016.
_ BLOGGER at InnovaciónAudiovisual.com and onbrandcontent.com
_ MEMBER Account Planning Group.
Digital products manager
Grupo Financiero Aserta
Jan 2020 – Present (1 year 1 month +)
Developing Aserta ́s vision of widen the access to strong warranties thorough new insurtech products to new consumers in the Mexican, Latam and european markets. The first product of this new line, nowo, is a renting warranty that will provide trust through the assurance of rents. Available from November 1st, 2020 in Mexico.
Grupo Financiero Aserta
Jan 2019 – Present (2 years 1 month +)
Driving Mexico’s leading surety brand towards transformation through: – Customer research and insights
– Developing D2C and B2B digital channels
– Setting alliances with key insurtech partners – Designing products to reach new markets
Intelligence Team Director
Havas Media México
Jan 2018 – Jan 2019 (1 year 1 month)
• As a Havas Group Board member took active part in the deployment of the agency new structure.
• Feed the new business team with industry research, business proposals and attended pitches.
• Manager of a 35 strategist, consumer insighters, data analysts and scientists team developing OSEP cross media strategy through consumer knowledge and actionable data insights to +150 brands such as Telefónica, Banorte, Liverpool, Grupo López, Nike, LVMH, LÓréal, Danone, Lala, Reckitt, FOX, GEPP and Essity.
• Guardian and head manager of Havas proprietary audience and media buying tools and intelligence solutions.
• Architect of Influencers and Content products.
• Havas Group Data Evangelist organizing talks and training.
• DBi Data Driven Day 2018 event consolidation.
• Build relations with Academia Mexicana de la Creatividad.
Chief Strategy Officer
Havas Media México
Oct 2016 – Jan 2018 (1 year 4 months)
• As a Board member boosted the value proposition by founding the strategy team.
• Took active part on new business prospect search, chemistry meetings and pitch presentations.
• Founded the Strategy and Insights Team Named by Scopen 2017 Top 1 Mexico ́s Strategy Media Agency.
• Implemented cross media Strategic thinking across Havas Group Village agencies (Media and Creative) while servicing integrated strategy and valuable customer and market insights to clients such as Telefónica, Banorte, Liverpool, Grupo López, Nike, Danone, Lala, Reckitt, FOX, GEPP and Essity. • Closed deals with esential research, audience and analytics partners.
• Precision marketing guidelines for Danone/Bonafont and LÓrèal.
• CRM program development for KIA and Peugeot.
• 27 offensive and defensive local, regional and global pitches attended, 12 won.
• Activated case documentation culture and push award participation with the result of 3 Effie Gold 2017.
• Created and content feed InnoDays, the innovation fórum for Havas employees.
• Speaker at El Futuro de los Medios 2017.
Head of brands and content strategist
Jan 2014 – Oct 2016 (2 years 10 months)
Business and marketing planning to reposition the agency.
• Content and PR strategy developer for clients such as Clinica Baviera, MSD, VIAMED, KIWOKO, Repsol, Ventura24, Hospitales NISA, HUNI Hotel School, UNISYS, GEEKSME and ANEABE.
• Travel Club (AIMIA Partner) 2015 Brand Content repositioning strategy.
Sep 2009 – Sep 2016 (7 years 1 month)
Contributed to the continuous business goal achievements of brands and agencies on their digital evolution by bringing creative and innovative strategies.
• CORTEFIEL 2016 Content Campaign lead the brand to maintain its top position in the spanish retail market.
• MATHUSALEM RUM. 2016 Launching campaign strategy.
• SCALIDOG Y BRAVOCAN 2015 (MSD) Scalibor and Bravecto consumer strategy and launching plan. • 300 BUZONES MÁGICOS (CORREOS) 2015 Millennials Gaming app marketing plan.
• CAMPUS BBVA 2014. Corporate university value proposition strategy, brand concept and DATAWALL project.
• Marketing and Communication strategy developed for brands such as RECOLETAS RED HOSPITALARIA, NORDÉS GIN, AMICHI, UNICAJA and 100 MONTADITOS and LA SUREÑA.
Jun 2009 – Apr 2014 (4 years 11 months)
Helping brands to develop their SCR strategies by designing content strategies. Clients: CocaCola, Samsung, IKEA, Grupo Vips y Secretariado Gitano.
2009 – 2010 (2 years)
Content creator plataform servicing brands and agencies.
ECD and brand strategist
2006 – 2009 (4 years)
Leading the integration and management of three different creative departments (Creative, digital and branding) in two different locations (Madrid and Bogotá)
Clients: CAMPSA, Real Madrid and Juan Valdez.
• NH Hoteles 2008 Brand Architecture.
• 2006 Zaragoza and Gijón City Brands and 2008 Galicia Region Brand.
CD and senior planner
Jan 2004 – Sep 2006 (2 years 9 months)
Managing a team of 10 copywriters and art directors to incorporate BTL services in an ATL boutique. Clients: Mercedes Benz, Enate, Nozar y Barclaycard.
CD and senior planner
Havas Group España
Nov 2001 – Jan 2004 (2 years 3 months)
Strategic planner and leader of the ATL, BTL and branding creative teams.
Managing the 360o brand implementation of VOLVO CAR Brand in Spain with campaigns like “El misterio de Dalarö”, “La Ruta V50” or “Life on board” Editor of “Volvo Life Magazine”
Rebranding of BLUE JOVEN, BBVA ́s magazine for millennials.
Brands managed, created or implemented: Volvo, BBVA and Freedom Finance.
Enlace creativo para la región sur de la campaña El Misterio de Dalarö.